31 December 2009

Will 2010 be a repeat performance

I thought I'd blog on 2009 since it seems very natural to do so. Here is a short list of things I'm grateful for that happened in 2009.

1. My kids and I have continued to develop better and better relationships.
2. My wife and I have continued to develop a better and better relationship.
3. I was given a trip to Cabo in February. My first trip to Mexico and it was all expense paid.
4. I was given an opportunity to start several online business starting a year long process of learning. It has been an awesome experience and one I will continue into next year.
5. I participated in a legal proceeding where I started by representing myself. I discovered for myself the self-care in both participating and working on your own legal defense and hiring a lawyer.
6. I realized how much I have learned about intellectual property, business management, and contracting in the 15 years I've been working in corporate america.
7. I realized how wide my knowledge about product development, manufacturing, and quality assurance are big assets in the work I want to do promoting and selling gaming products.
8. I discovered the answer to my business objectives was to return to a hobby I have been not involved in for more than 15 years. Who knew that gaming would come back as a solution to many issues.
9. I have discovered that my spiritual self has always been with me and that god is on my side. His support guides much of what I do.
10. I have come to a deeper understanding that my desire and my abilities do not need to match perfectly when I start something. I can fail at things and it will not only be just fine its actually the road to success.
11. I am more willing to push for something I want because I have learned that the only downside of forcing things forward is that I have to face my fear. Facing my fear is one of the biggest challenges of my life.
12. I realized with the death of my father that I too had a limited physical experience here and that I would not let up while I'm here.

My plan for 2010 is simple. Continue to be creative and live in the moment. My goals are simple and challenging.

To anyone who reads this before or after Jan 2010. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment