09 April 2012

Weekend of More of the Same

This weekend I spent several hours painting a wall in my house so it can hold magnets and thus allow me to put things on the wall without tacks or other hangers.

Throughout the process I could tell I felt pressure. Pressure to get it done. Pressure to do it perfectly. Pressure to put asside things i value in order to prioritize it.

The pressure pushed me out of my true self and into a "beside myself" condition. I describe this as being aware of not being centered and in my integrity but not knowing what to do.

Therefore I didn't get to the gym as I had intended on Sunday. Instead I worked on the wall.

This wall now will be a constant reminder of how often I set aside my goals for the immediate actions of perceived necessity.


No comments:

Post a Comment